8 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
1. Melt Chocolate and butter together over low heat in heavy saucepan.
2. Heat water to full boil in a separate heavy saucepan. Stir chocolate-butter mixture into boiling water (The chocolate will separate from water)
3. Immediately add sugar and corn syrup. Whisk mixture until smooth.
4. Cook at very low simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature. Stir in Vanilla.
5. Serve hot with buttered biscuits for breakfast, or on your favorite ice cream. It is also a great topping for cake or brownies. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: about 5 cups
Note: Sift sugar because lumps are a no-no in this preparation.