House explosion sends one to hospital - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

House explosion sends one to hospital

(Source: AP Graphics Bank) (Source: AP Graphics Bank)
MOUNTAIN HOME, AR (KAIT) -

A man is in the hospital after a home explosion happened Monday morning.

The Mountain Home Fire Department responded to a 911 call Monday to a house fire at the 300-block of Russell St.  

Ken Williams, the fire chief at Mountain Home, said the fire started in the front living room and soon traveled up to the attic.

Williams said they believe the cause was from a kerosene heater that was near several combustible items in the home. 

About 30 percent of the house was damaged. Williams said most of the damage was due to smoke. 

Williams said there was only one person at the home during the incident. 

The victim, Ethan Hopper, was airlifted to Springfield soon after the fire.

The condition of Hopper is unknown, but Williams said he had severe burns. 

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly