JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Arkansas State Highway Commission approved bids Tuesday for road improvements in several Region 8 counties.
According to Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department officials, the commission approved the following:
- Independence County-Atlas Asphalt, Inc. of Batesville awarded $873,5623.26 to resurface 8 miles of State Highway 394 between State Highway 69 in Batesville and Highway 69 just north of Magness.
- Independence County-Atlas Asphalt, Inc. of Batesville awarded $200,621.60 to resurface 3 miles of County Road 3 (Wagon Wheel Road) at Floral.
- Jackson County-Asphalt Producers, LLC of Jonesboro awarded $125,803.92 to resurface 1 mile of State Highway 18 between State Highway 17 and State Highway 367 near Newport.
- Lawrence County-Atlas Asphalt, Inc. of Batesville awarded $337,541.34 to resurface 3 miles of State Highway 25 between Lake Charles State Park and Powhatan.
- Mississippi County-Delta Asphalt of Arkansas, Inc. of Paragould awarded $684,448.66 to resurface 3 miles of State Highway 18 from the BNSF Rail Road to where state maintenance ends in Armorel.
- Mississippi County-Sugg Construction, Inc. of Jonesboro awarded $394,598.42 to resurface Washington, Adams and Rockefeller Avenues in Wilson and Lee and Keiser Avenues in Osceola.
The commission also approved two resurfacing bids in Craighead County.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.