Randolph County and Independence County - Tons of money is being pumped into the option to sell alcohol in two Region 8 counties.
According to files by the Arkansas Ethics Commission, several people have donated sizable amounts of money to groups for and against the sale of alcohol in Randolph and Independence County.
The groups Keep Revenue in Randolph County and Keep Our Dollars in Independence County are fighting to get the sale of alcohol on the November ballot.
Two different groups, Keep Randolph County Safe and Keep Independence Dry and Safe, are fighting to keep it off.
Here is a breakdown of the money given to each group according to the Arkansas Ethics Commission.
Keep Revenue in Randolph County:
- Total of about $35,000 in contributions
- Walmart donated $30,000
- El Acapulco donated $1,000
- Individual donations of around $4,000
Keep Our Dollars in Independence County:
- Total of about $48,000
- Walmart donated $40,000
- Kroger donated $3,000
- White County Petroleum Co. donated $5,000
Keep Randolph County Safe
- No contributions have been reported to the commission
Keep Independence County Dry and Safe (K.I.D.S)
- Desha Church of Christ donated $50
- Individual donations of around $265
- Private donation of billboard and website
Most of the money donated is used for canvassing and campaigning purposes.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.