STEELE, MO (KAIT) - Police arrested 5 people on felony drug charges after they reportedly found $7,000 worth of meth inside a home.
The arrests came after Steele police officers reportedly spotted a "suspicious vehicle" on McCollum Street, according to a news release from Chief Billy Joe Stanfield.
Officers checked the vehicle's license plate number and learned it had been stolen from Cape Girardeau.
When officers approached the car, four people inside jumped out and ran into a home.
Police detained the suspects and three others, Stanfield said.
After finding "personal use amounts" of suspected methamphetamine on two of the suspects, Stanfield said officers then searched the inside of the house, finding 71 grams of purported methamphetamine valued at $7,000.
Officers also reported finding $2,700 in cash on one of the suspects.
Police arrested the following people:
- Donny Ferrell, 43, of Portageville arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Bond set at $25,000.
- Billy Carlton, 42, of Bragg City arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Bond set at $25,000.
- Serena Davis, 31, of Caruthersville arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Bond set at $50,000.
- Jessica Shelly, 26, of Hayti for possession of a controlled substance. Bond set at $50,000.
- Justin Ray Rash, 28, of Steele arrest for second-degree drug trafficking. Bond set at $100,000.
Stanfield credited the Pemiscot County Sheriff's Department, Missouri State Highway Patrol, and the Wardell Police K9 unit in assisting in the arrest.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.