JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Add another name to Jonesboro's growing list of private clubs.
Gary Bud Roberts, director of the Department of Finance Administration's Alcoholic Beverage Control, approved a private club permit for Mango's Grill, 2213 Caraway Rd., Suite A.
According to the DFA website, the decision is conditional upon completion of remodeling, receipt of health department approval, installation of kitchen facilities and a telephone with re-inspection by ABC Enforcement.
Roberts also granted a new private club permit and a restaurant beer and wine (combo) replacement permit for Puerto Jaivo of Osceola, 1000 Ohlendorf Rd.
No public officials objected to the permits.
However, despite receiving several letters from residents and a state senator along with a petition, Roberts approved a replacement and transfer of location for Elevated Spirits Liquor Box, 3259 Hwy. 64 East, in Wynne.
Senator Ronald Caldwell and four other area residents submitted letters of opposition to the ABC. The board also received a petition bearing 196 signatures opposing the permit.
Roberts' decision is conditional upon completion of construction, installations of a telephone and satisfy the insufficient fund check written to the wholesaler with re-inspection by ABC Enforcement.
Also during the April 20 meeting, Roberts granted the following:
- Dollar General Store #1847, 1911 North Falls Blvd. in Wynne: Beer Off Premises-change of manager. No objections. No objections.
- Mama Kay’s, 209 Beech St., Newport: Beer On Premises-replacement. Conditional upon receipt of payment of delinquent taxes.
- Gunn’s Supermarket, 1 Park Ave., Wilson: Small Farm Wine-Retail. No objections.
- Dollar General Store #16303, 205 Hwy. 67 South, Swifton: Beer Off Premises and Small Farm Wine-Retail. No objections
- On the Border, 2324 Red Wolf Blvd., Jonesboro: Private Club-change of manager. No objections.
Also during the week ending April 22, the following businesses submitted new applications:
- Gavin’s Downtown, 117 N. Main St., Harrisburg: Restaurant Beer & Wine-On Premises Only
- The Thirsty Hog Saloon, 310 S. Pruett, Paragould: Change of Manager-Retail Beer on Premises, On Premises Wine
- O’Charley’s of Jonesboro, 2312 E. Parker Rd., Jonesboro: Change of Manager-Private Club Class A
- Highland Elks Lodge 2539, 15 Elks Dr., Cherokee Village: Change of Manager-Private Club Class A, Retail Beer off Premises
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.