Home destroyed in early morning house fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Home destroyed in early morning house fire

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
Daylight image of the damage (Source: KAIT) Daylight image of the damage (Source: KAIT)
Daylight image of the damage (Source: KAIT) Daylight image of the damage (Source: KAIT)
BONO, AR (KAIT) -

A Region 8 family lost their home in an early morning fire that also killed a family pet.

According to Jonesboro E911 Dispatch, a house was reported fully engulfed around 2:30 a.m. in the 4900-block of Craighead County Road 333 near Bono.

Bono Fire Chief Trent Edwards tells Region 8 News a dog was killed in the fire. Everyone else in the home got out safely.

The sister of the victims told Region 8 News that the husband is a veteran of Vietnam and has advanced Alzheimer's.

A firefighter was also taken to the hospital for dehydration and heat exhaustion, Edwards says.

Due to the location of the home, water had to be shuttled in to help battle the fire.

Edwards says at least six trips were made to bring water to the scene.

Philadelphia and Valley View fire departments were called for mutual aid.

The fire reportedly originated from the back porch of the home where a refrigerator and a freezer were kept.

Edwards says the fire may have been electrical.

The family has set up a GoFundMe account.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly