City warns about mold growing in flooded homes

City warns about mold growing in flooded homes

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The City of Jonesboro is warning people about mold growing in homes that were flooded last month.

Mold in a home can be a serious health hazard.

Some people are sensitive to molds and exposure to it can cause symptoms like nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing or skin irritation.

People with serious allergies to molds may have more severe reactions.

Those severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.

Some people with chronic lung illnesses, like obstructive lung disease, may also develop mold infections in their lungs.

The city suggested using a shockwave disinfectant, sanitizer and cleaner to help clear up the mold.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android