JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Craighead County residents who suffered damage in the May 24 storms and flooding may be eligible for disaster relief.
Residents can contact the Arkansas State Disaster Assistance hotline beginning Thursday.
The toll-free lines will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, June 16 to June 29.
Homeowners whose primary residence was destroyed or made uninhabitable and had eligible uninsured losses may qualify for assistance, according to the news release.
Arkansas Department of Emergency Management representatives will be available through the hotline to explain the State Individual Assistance program process and help eligible residents apply for aid.
The information below is needed from the primary homeowners and/or renters to apply:
- A phone number and email address where you can be reached;
- Your social security number;
- Your current mailing address;
- The address of the affected property;
- Detailed damage description; and
- Insurance information including your policy number.
Call the Arkansas Disaster Assistance Hotline at 1-888-683-2336 (ADEM).
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.