Batesville man caught on fire while welding - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Batesville man caught on fire while welding

(Source: Raycom Media) (Source: Raycom Media)
BATESVILLE, AR (KAIT) -

A Batesville man is in the hospital after receiving several burns to his body.

According to Batesville Fire Department Captain Mark McCollum, the department was called out to a fire alarm at Peco Foods.

When crews arrived, McCollum said the fire was out, so they assisted EMTs with an injured worker.

McCollum said the worker, Brad Kealer, was badly burned in the incident.

Kealer was welding when a hydraulic line blew near him and caught Kealer on fire.

McCollum said most of Kealer’s body was burnt except the area with double clothing.

Emergency crews transported Kealer straight to the airport where a helicopter took him to the hospital.

Kealer is being treated in the burn unit at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock.

McCollum said he later learned Kealer also fell from a lift he was welding on when he caught fire. 

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly