Fire breaks out at furniture store - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Fire breaks out at furniture store

(Source: Raycom Media) (Source: Raycom Media)
BLYTHEVILLE, AR (KAIT) -

According to Blytheville Fire Chief Mike Carney, a fire broke out at Furniture Gallery, 629 West Moultrie Dr, around 5:30 Tuesday night.

The building is connected to other businesses.

Carney said when crews arrived they saw smoke coming from several areas of the building.

Inside, crews found a wall in the center of the store on fire.

Carney said the fire was limited to the center wall of the building, but the rest of the store suffered smoke damage along with some of the connected businesses because they share a common attic.

The health department officials were called to check on the food at the Hays grocery store next door.

The people inside the businesses quickly evacuated and no one was hurt.

Carney said they believe the fire might have been caused by an electrical issue.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly