Woman reports she was drugged at nightclub, then raped

Woman reports she was drugged at nightclub, then raped

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Two Jonesboro women claim a night at the club ended with them both drugged and one of them raped.

The victims, ages 19 and 23, told Jonesboro police Tuesday the suspect contacted them via Snapchat on Saturday about going to the Diamond Grill, 305 N. Airport, that evening.

The women, according to the initial incident report, went to the club around 11:30 that evening.

They said the suspect arrived at approximately 1:20 a.m. and began buying them drinks.

Both victims told police they drank three mixed drinks and possibly two shots before the bar closed at 2 a.m. Sunday.

One of the victims told police she did not "remember anything for an extended period of time" until the next morning.

During that time she reportedly called her mother and told her who she was with, but the "suspect took her phone away."

According to the report, the woman's mother arrived at the suspect's residence and found him in the yard, standing over the victim in just his underwear.

The victim's parents gathered her up and took her back to their residence, the report stated.

The second victim's account, according to the report, closely resembled the first victim's story.

She told police she remembered leaving the club with the suspect.

She thought he was taking her home and was surprised when they arrived at his home, the report stated.

The woman claimed she was "very groggy and just wanted to sleep."

She said after she went inside the suspect's home, he said he was going back to Diamond Grill to pick up the other woman.

The second victim told police she remembered "waking up to screaming outside the suspect's house."

She said she "tried to get up, but she felt like she physically could not move her limbs."

The next thing she remembered, according to the report, he was hitting her face on the floor and busting her nose.

She then began begging the suspect to take her home. He reportedly drove her within two blocks of her home and dropped her off.

According to the report, the woman had what appeared to be "two hickeys on her neck, one on each side."

The victim said she did not remember getting them, but they were there after she woke up the next morning.

Both victims told the investigating officer they believed the suspect "put some sort of drug into their drinks at the Diamond Grill."

The alleged incident took place the same night a large fight broke out at the Diamond Grill.

A few hours after filing the rape report, the victim's brother contacted police to say the alleged suspect had attempted to call her several times and sent her a text message.

The victim asked for extra patrol at her home since the suspect knows where she lives, the report stated.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android