Benton Restaurant closes from Salmonella Food Poisoning - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Benton, AR

Benton Restaurant closes from Salmonella Food Poisoning

A restaurant in Benton has closed voluntarily after an outbreak of salmonella food poisoning.

The state Health Department says 9 cases of the common illness have been confirmed.

Salmonellosis is a bacterial infection that usually affects the intestines and occasionally the bloodstream.

The bacteria is spread by eating or drinking contaminated food or water or by contact with infected people or animals.

The Cafe Santa Fe will reopen after it recieves approval from the Health Department to assure that no possible sources of contamination exists.

Powered by Frankly