RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. - The Great American Conference announced the league's Runners of the Week for the second week of the cross county season. Oklahoma Baptist's Emily Sechrist repeated as the Women's recipient while Harding's Camden Barrett won the Men's award.
GAC WOMEN'S RUNNER OF THE WEEK - Emily Sechrist, Oklahoma Baptist, So., Hillsboro, Kansas
Emily Sechrist won her second-straight GAC Runner of the Week award as she led Oklahoma Baptist to victory at the GAC Preview. She finished first out of 22 runners. Sechrist finished the race with a time of 18:13.76, two seconds ahead of fellow Bison, Sydney Lawrence.
GAC MEN'S RUNNER OF THE WEEK - Camden Barrett, Harding, So., West Plains, Missouri
Barrett finished first among non-Division I runners at the UCA Cross Country Challenge to pace the Bisons to a first-place showing. He earned his second win in seven career races; his prior first-place finish came at the 2015 Gulf Coast Stampede in Pensacola. He completed the 6K course in 19:06.8.
- Jada Fricks, So., Southern Arkansas (Finished 11th at the UCA Cross Country Challenge with a time of 16:08.6)
- Kyra Fuller, So., Southern Nazarene (Won the SWOSU Open by almost six seconds with a 4K time of 15:11.89)
- Cami Hedstrom, Fr., Arkansas Tech (Hedstrom broke the ATU 4K record by almost 20 seconds; finished ninth at UCA meet)
- Sylvie Mueller, Sr., Harding (Won UCA Cross Country Challenge, her first individual title; Harding won team title)
- Christopher Ebert, So., Southern Nazarene (Won the SWOSU Open in a time of 19:43)
- Jacob Janzen, So., Oklahoma Baptist (Placed second at the SWOSU Open in 1951.7; Bison won their first NCAA team title)