RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. – The Great American Conference announced the league's Players of the Week for the fourth week of the football season. Ouachita's Austin Warford garnered the Offensive accolade; Harding's Corey Bassett picked up the Defensive award and East Central's Jarod Haynes claimed the Special Teams honor.
GAC OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK – Austin Warford, Ouachita, QB, Jr., Pittsburg, Texas
Warford continued to wreak havoc on opposing defenses with both his arm and his legs as he compiled 412 yards of total offense in a 48-28 win against Southwestern Oklahoma State. He completed 16-of-22 passes for 268 yards and he ran for 144 yards on 18 attempts. He accounted for three scores. He leads all Division II quarterbacks in rushing yards with 396.
GAC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Corey Bassett, Harding, CB, Sr., Plano, Texas
One week after contributing to a Harding win by returning a kick 100 yards for a touchdown against Southern Nazarene, Bassett helped Harding win its 11th straight against previously-undefeated Southern Arkansas as he thwarted a fourth-quarter scoring drive with an interception in the end zone. He also registered a career-high three pass deflections.
GAC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Jarod Haynes, East Central, K/P, Sr., Allen, Texas
Haynes converted all three of his field-goal attempts in ECU's 23-6 win at Southern Nazarene. He improved to 6-for-6 on field goal attempts on the year. No player in Division II has made as many field goals without a miss than Haynes. He also punted three times with a 34.0 average. Two of his punts finished inside the 20-yard line, including once at the 8-yard line.
- Andrew Black, So., QB, Henderson State (Completed 20-of-26 for 345 yards in 62-23 win vs Northwestern Oklahoma State)
- Michael Latu, Sr., FB, Harding (Recorded second three-td game; ran for 136 yards, his third 100-yard game)
- Isaiah Mallory, So., RR, Oklahoma Baptist (Carried 19 times for 152 yards and a TD; his second-straight 100-yard game)
- Michael Nunnery, Jr., RB, Southern Arkansas (Totaled 71 all-purpose yards and a touchdown against Harding)
- Ty Reasnor, Jr., QB, Arkansas Tech (Passed for 330 yards and a three touchdown in 38-31 win against Arkansas-Monticello)
- Jalen Toliver, Jr., WR, Arkansas-Monticello (Caught four passes for 122 yards against Arkansas Tech)
- Devlon Wortham, Sr., RB, Southeastern Oklahoma State (Ran for 109 yards and two touchdowns vs Oklahoma Baptist)
- Je'Qualon Wright, Fr., RB, East Central (After rushing for two yards in his first two career games; gained 131 in win vs SNU)
- Luke Craddock, So., DB, Southeastern Oklahoma State (Intercepted two passes in 42-22 win against Oklahoma Baptist)
- Seth Culp, Sr., LB, Arkansas Tech (Registered 15 tackles in 38-31 win against Arkansas-Monticello)
- Levi Jennings, Sr., LB, Oklahoma Baptist (Totaled 13 tackles, including a sack for a safety vs Southeastern Oklahoma State)
- Elgin Moore, Jr., S, Southern Arkansas (Made 11 tackles and forced two fumbles against Harding)
- Devin Price, Sr., S, Ouachita (Picked off two SWOSU passes; tied for second in the NCAA with three interceptions)
- Cole Antley, So., K, Ouachita (Perfect on his eight kicks [2-for-2 on field goals, 6-for-6 on PATs] against SWOSU)
- Joel Carlos, So., P/K, Southeastern Oklahoma State (Made all six PATs; averaged 41.4 yards punting with two inside the 20)
- Houston Ray, Jr., K, Henderson State (Converted 8-for-8 extra points and 2-for-2 field goals vs Northwestern Oklahoma State)
- Tristan Parsley, Jr., P/K, Harding (Averaged 35.8 yards on five punts and went 5-for-5 on extra points)
- Matthew Shade, Sr., P/K, Arkansas Tech (Had three of five punts finish inside the 20; averaged 45.0 yards per kick)
- Jonathan Weisheit, Jr., PR, Southern Arkansas (Set up second SAU scored by juking four Harding tacklers on a 23-yard return)
- Sheldon Wilson, Sr., KR, Southwestern Oklahoma State (Became first Bulldog with a kickoff return for a TD since 2013)