Harding's Zoe Hardin Named GAC Offensive Player of the Week
September 19, 2016 at 7:36 PM CDT - Updated July 10 at 1:26 PM
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. - The Great American Conference announced the league's Players of the Week recipients for the third week of the volleyball season. Harding's Zoe Hardin captured the Offensive honor while Oklahoma Baptist's Cadyn Laing and Kynnedy Myers garnered the Defensive and Setter awards, respectively.
GAC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Zoe Hardin, Harding, MB, So., Amarillo, Texas
One week after picking up the Defensive Player of the Week accolade, Hardin earned the Offensive Award as she helped the Lady Bisons extend their win streak to nine. She hit .549 in wins against Henderson State, Missouri Southern and Lyon. She committed only two attack errors in 51 attacks. She added 19 blocks to average 4.17 points per set.
GAC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Cadyn Laing, Oklahoma Baptist, MH, Jr., Wichita Falls, Texas
Laing helped the Bison produce a 4-1 week. She amassed 32 total blocks for the week, including eight solo blocks. She established a career high of 10 total blocks in a win against Emporia State. She added 12 kills. She led all players with five total blocks in a 5-set upset of No. 14 Washburn.
GAC SETTER OF THE WEEK - Kynnedy Myers, Oklahoma Baptist, So., Rose Hill, Kansas
As part of the 4-1 week for the Bison, Myers dished out 176 assists and averaged 8.8 per set. She produced the fourth-highest single-match attack percentage in school history with a .769 clip against Emporia State and she recorded her first career triple-double with 10 kills, 35 assists and 17 digs. She posted a season-high 43 assists in the win against No. 14 Washburn.
- Hunter Eshnaur, So., OH, Arkansas Tech (Recorded her eighth double-double [16 kills, 16 digs vs Newman] of the season)
- Nicole Fleitman, So., RS, Oklahoma Baptist (Recorded her first double-double of the season as Bison upset No. 14 Washburn)
- Adrianna Nolly, Sr., OH, Ouachita (Helped Tigers go 3-0; hit. 313 and averaged 3.18 kills per set)
- Kaitlyn Reiner, Sr., MH, Southern Arkansas (Produced 24 kills and hit .269 in four matches)
- Carly Zak, Sr., OH, Southwestern Oklahoma State (Averaged 4.12 kills per set and reached the 1,300-kill milestone)
- Caitlin Cosby, Fr., L, Southeastern Oklahoma State (As Savage Storm went 2-2, averaged 5.25 digs per set)
- Paige Mays, Sr., L, Southern Arkansas (Totaled 60 digs in four contests with a high of 19 on two occasions)
- Lily Porsa, Sr., L, East Central (Averaged 6.07 digs per set including 26 against Pittsburg State)
- Ashley Wake, Sr., L, Ouachita (Tallied 28 digs in four-set win vs UAM; averaged 5.64 digs per set in three victories)
- Katy Cooper, Fr., S Southern Arkansas (Averaged 7.8 assists per set in four matches)
- Abigail Glosup, Sr., S, Harding (Helped Lady Bisons push win streak to nine; averaged 11.0 assists per set)
- Stormi Leonard, So., S, Ouachita (Tallied 119 assists in three wins; averaged 10.8 per set with two double-doubles)
- Amanda Milnick, Fr., S/RS, Arkansas Tech (Dished out 66 assists; averaged 2.2 kills per set and hit .276)