CONWAY, AR (KAIT) - The candidates in all five federal races in Arkansas will meet next month for a series of debates that will air on public television.
Officials with the Arkansas Educational Television Network said Monday that the candidates have agreed to participate in "Election 2016: AETN Debates," which will tape and air Oct. 10-12.
The debate schedule is as follows:
• U.S. Congressional District 3, with candidates, Libertarian Steve Isaacson and incumbent Republican Steve Womack, taping Monday, Oct. 10, at 10 a.m. and airing at 7 p.m.
• U.S. Congressional District 4, with candidates, Libertarian Kerry Hicks and incumbent Republican Bruce Westerman, taping Monday, Oct. 10, at 2 p.m. and airing at 8 p.m.
• U.S. Congressional District 1, with candidates, incumbent Republican Rick Crawford and Libertarian Mark West, taping Tuesday, Oct. 11, at 10 a.m. and airing at 7 p.m.
• U.S. Senate, with candidates, incumbent Republican John Boozman, Democrat Conner Eldridge and Libertarian Frank Gilbert taping Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 2 p.m. and airing at 7 p.m.
• U.S. Congressional District 2, with candidates, with Democrat Dianne Curry, Libertarian Chris Hayes and incumbent Republican French Hill, taping Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 5:30 p.m. and airing at 8 p.m.
Each of the debates will be held at the AETN studios, 350 South Donaghey, Conway. Admission is free, and the public is invited. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Doors will open one hour prior to taping times.
Officials said that the majority of funding for "Election 2016: AETN Debates" was provided by AARP Arkansas.
The network will also air "Election 2016: Ballot Initiatives" Fri., Oct. 14, at 8 p.m.
The proposed initiatives that have reached the ballot will be discussed in this 30-minute program produced in conjunction with the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service.
The debates and the initiative shows will repeat in their entirety Sunday, Oct. 30, beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Additional information, including debate attendance rules, is available at aetn.org/election.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.