KFC responds to report of maggots found in chicken

Woman claims KFC meal had maggots on it

HELENA-WEST HELENA, AR (KAIT) - A woman said her five-year-old son got sick after he ate some chicken at an Arkansas restaurant.

The Helena-West Helena Police Department shared the video with multiple media outlets.

According to a report by our NBC-affiliate KARK, his mother found maggots in a KFC meal she bought on Oct. 2 at the restaurant at 789 Sebastian St.

She said she spoke to the manager, but still hasn't received a call back.

Helena-West Helena police said even though it's not a criminal matter, they have released the video to make the public aware of the situation.

Kentucky Fried Chicken responded to this report and said their chicken is cooked at 165 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, which makes them confident this did not happened at their restaurant.

When asked if flies or maggots could have ended in the chicken after it was cooked, KFC told Region 8 News the chicken goes directly from the fryer to the holding cabinet which is kept at 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

It's only there for two hours before it is thrown away.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android