Police seeking 2 suspects in murder investigation - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Police seeking 2 suspects in murder investigation

(Source: Stephanie Gray) (Source: Stephanie Gray)
(Source: Stephanie Gray) (Source: Stephanie Gray)
OSCEOLA, AR (KAIT) -

Police are currently looking for two suspects wanted in a shooting that left one person dead Wednesday night.

According to Osceola Police Chief David Gladden, the shooting happened in the 100-block of Parkway St. around 7:30 p.m.

Officers found John Williams, 28, lying in the front yard without a pulse and a single gunshot wound to the middle of his back, a police news release stated.

Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.

OPD is searching for two suspects who reportedly ran from the scene.

Gladden said they do not have a good description of the suspects.

Officers interviewed people at the scene, but Gladden said everyone they have talked to so far said they didn't see anything.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information should call Osceola police at (870) 563-5213.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • breaking

    ASP en route to officer involved shooting

    ASP en route to officer involved shooting

    Saturday, December 16 2017 9:57 PM EST2017-12-17 02:57:14 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 9:49 AM EST2017-12-17 14:49:18 GMT

    According to Batesville Police Chief Alan Cockrill, Arkansas State Police is en route to an officer-involved shooting.

    According to Batesville Police Chief Alan Cockrill, Arkansas State Police is en route to an officer-involved shooting.

  • Report: Pentagon spent millions on UFO research

    Report: Pentagon spent millions on UFO research

    Sunday, December 17 2017 3:49 AM EST2017-12-17 08:49:10 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 3:49 AM EST2017-12-17 08:49:10 GMT

    The defense department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program. Pentagon officials say it shut down in 2012.

    The defense department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program. Pentagon officials say it shut down in 2012.

  • Second-grader collects almost 1,200 toys for children in hospital

    Second-grader collects almost 1,200 toys for children in hospital

    Sunday, December 17 2017 3:48 AM EST2017-12-17 08:48:06 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 3:48 AM EST2017-12-17 08:48:06 GMT

    The second-grader came up with the idea to collect toys for the kids at the hospital, who can’t go home for the holidays.

    The second-grader came up with the idea to collect toys for the kids at the hospital, who can’t go home for the holidays.

Powered by Frankly