A Better Region 8: October means breast cancer awareness - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

A Better Region 8: October means breast cancer awareness

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

This Saturday, the 23rd Annual Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure takes place in Little Rock.

According to the Susan G. Komen foundation, 75% of the funds raised at the event will stay in Arkansas for mammograms, treatment, education and patient support.  The remaining 25% will be used for research and to find better treatments and, ultimately, find a cure.

I encourage everyone in Region 8 to make the trip to Little Rock to support this worthwhile event. 

Last month, we broke the good news that Race for the Cure will hold a race in Region 8 next year. It happens May 6, 2017, right here in Jonesboro. 

The race will give residents in Region 8 who cannot travel to Little Rock a chance to participate.

That's a good thing because it gives so many more people a chance to show support and give, which is something we do well here in Region 8.

Taking the time to honor breast cancer survivors, taking care of the brave people who are currently fighting breast cancer and doing our part to help find a cure makes this A Better Region 8.

- Chris Conroy, KAIT VP & General Manager

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Craighead Co. to honor soldiers on Memorial Day

    Craighead Co. to honor soldiers on Memorial Day

    Monday, May 28 2018 5:44 AM EDT2018-05-28 09:44:58 GMT
    Monday, May 28 2018 5:54 AM EDT2018-05-28 09:54:03 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The Craighead County Veterans Monument Foundation plans to honor those who gave their lives on Memorial Day.

    The Craighead County Veterans Monument Foundation plans to honor those who gave their lives on Memorial Day.

  • Two KIPP Blytheville students receive national scholarship

    Two KIPP Blytheville students receive national scholarship

    Sunday, May 27 2018 9:52 PM EDT2018-05-28 01:52:22 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 10:11 PM EDT2018-05-28 02:11:19 GMT
    Kayla Perry and Anika Mittal (Source: KAIT)Kayla Perry and Anika Mittal (Source: KAIT)
    Kayla Perry and Anika Mittal (Source: KAIT)Kayla Perry and Anika Mittal (Source: KAIT)

    Two KIPP Blytheville Collegiate High seniors beat out hundreds in receiving a national scholarship.

    Two KIPP Blytheville Collegiate High seniors beat out hundreds in receiving a national scholarship.

  • Bicycles, riders blessed by Jonesboro reverend

    Bicycles, riders blessed by Jonesboro reverend

    Sunday, May 27 2018 5:33 PM EDT2018-05-27 21:33:48 GMT
    Sunday, May 27 2018 6:08 PM EDT2018-05-27 22:08:58 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    Several members of the bicycling community in Jonesboro got their bikes blessed by a Jonesboro reverend Sunday morning.

    Several members of the bicycling community in Jonesboro got their bikes blessed by a Jonesboro reverend Sunday morning.

Powered by Frankly