Woman witnesses suspect break into her home - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Woman witnesses suspect break into her home

(Source: Robin Gasaway) (Source: Robin Gasaway)
(Source: Robin Gasaway) (Source: Robin Gasaway)
(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A Jonesboro woman became terrified when she witnessed a burglar break into her home and a camera caught him in action.

Robin Gasaway lives on Church Street and she said that on Thursday a man broke into her home, making her a victim of burglary 3 times.

“I was watching a burglar kicking my door in and coming in,” Gasaway said.

Gasaway said the suspect did not take many valuable things, but he did take her peace of mind.

“I can’t keep on like this,” she said. “We can’t keep going on like this. I am scared to even come in my door. I think someone is in here hiding or could hurt me.”

She was not at home when the man broke in.

“He busted through a metal door,” Gasaway said. “I watched him in action.”

Gasaway said she and her husband were at a meeting when her security system made an alert on her cell phone.

An interior camera caught the suspect in action as Gasaway watched it play out and called police.

Gasaway said she hopes anyone who can identify him to call police.

“I just want him caught and put away if that's the correct word for it so he can't do it to someone else and hopefully he wouldn't harm someone else,” she said.

She told Region 8 News the two previous burglaries are not related. Gasaway also said she does not know why she is a target.

Anyone who can identify the suspect in the pictures attached should call Crimestoppers at 935-STOP (7867).

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

• breaking

JPD investigating shooting in Caraway Road area

JPD investigating shooting in Caraway Road area

Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:39 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:39:17 GMT
    Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:43 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:43:53 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

According to the Jonesboro Police Department Desk Sergeant, authorities are investigating a shooting Wednesday night.

Truck driver tells story of I-40 police chase

Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:05 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:05:25 GMT
    Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:37 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:37:40 GMT
    Arkansas State Police are investigating a police chase this week on I-40 near West Memphis where a man died. (Source: WREG-TV)Arkansas State Police are investigating a police chase this week on I-40 near West Memphis where a man died. (Source: WREG-TV)

The scene during a police chase earlier this week on I-40 in Crittenden County near West Memphis was something like a Hollywood movie, a truck driver who saw the situation happen said Tuesday.

Man arrested in aggravated assault case

Wednesday, May 23 2018 10:38 PM EDT2018-05-24 02:38:27 GMT
    Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:03 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:03:36 GMT
    Cordero L. Riley (Source: Craighead Co. Sheriff's Office website)Cordero L. Riley (Source: Craighead Co. Sheriff's Office website)

A St. Francis County man is scheduled to appear in a Jonesboro courthouse in June after he was arrested on suspicion of throwing bricks at a woman earlier this year, Jonesboro police said Wednesday.