Blind man saved from house fire, Carney says - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Blind man saved from house fire, Carney says

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)

Blytheville firefighters worked feverishly Wednesday to help a blind man escape from his home on fire, Blytheville Fire Chief Mike Carney told Region 8 News. 

Firefighters went to a home on North Franklin Street around 10 a.m. Wednesday to rescue the man. The man was asleep and had been awakened by a smoke alarm, Carney said, noting the man called 911 from a cell phone for help. 

The man's dog was also at home and did have some smoke inhalation, Carney said. 

As for the man, Carney said he was treated at the scene. 

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly