ABC grants permit in Randolph County - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

ABC grants permit in Randolph County

(Source: AP Graphics Bank) (Source: AP Graphics Bank)
POCAHONTAS, AR (KAIT) -

A Randolph County restaurant received a private club permit Wednesday after an objection by law enforcement earlier this year. 

The Arkansas Alcohol Beverage Control board voted 4-1 to grant the permit to Rhonda J. Ricker for the Bella Piazza Cafe on West Everett Street in Pocahonas.

Ricker requested the permit in July 2016. However, Randolph County Sheriff Gary Tribble objected  in September to the permit request. As a result, ABC Director Bud Jackson denied the request. 

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 8:00 AM EST2017-11-22 13:00:04 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

Powered by Frankly