LITTLE ROCK, AR (KAIT) - A Northeast Arkansas state senator was selected Wednesday to chair a key state senate committee while other senators received their committee assignments.
Sen. Ronald Caldwell, R-Wynne will serve as chair of the Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development while Sen. John Cooper, R-Jonesboro will be the vice-chair of the committee.
Each of the 35 state senators and senators-elect have been in central Arkansas this week to prepare for the legislative session, which starts Jan. 9.
Sen. Linda Collins-Smith, R-Pocahontas was also selected to serve as vice-chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, while Sen. Keith Ingram, D-West Memphis will be the vice-chair of the Senate Transportation, Technology and Legislative Affairs committee.
Other committee assignments for state senators from Northeast Arkansas by committee are as follows:
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor - Cooper, Sen. Scott Flippo, R-Mountain Home and Sen. Missy Irvin, R-Mountain View.
- Revenue and Taxation - Sen. Jonathan Dismang, R-Searcy and Ingram.
- Education - Sen. Blake Johnson, R-Corning.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development - Dismang, Johnson and Sen.-elect Dave Wallace, R-Leachville.
- City, County and Local Affairs - Flippo and Collins-Smith.
- State Agencies and Governmental Affairs - Irvin and Wallace.
- Transportation, Technology and Legislative Affairs - Caldwell.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.