PIGGOTT, AR (KAIT) - A Piggott man faces multiple felony charges after investigators say he led police on a chase that ended with him crashing his car and going to jail.
At 8:50 p.m. Monday, Piggott police requested assistance from the Clay County Sheriff's Department after a vehicle fled from officers on a traffic stop, according to a news release from Sheriff Terry Miller.
The pursuit on Highway 62 ended near St. Francis when the suspect, 33-year-old Anthony Page, lost control of the vehicle on a curve and crashed.
Officers arrested Page on suspicion of the following charges:
- Felony fleeing
- Felony possession of a firearm by certain persons
- Felony simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms
- Felony possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine
- Felony possession of drug paraphernalia
- Driving on suspended license
- No seat belt
- No vehicle license
- No proof of liability insurance
- Reckless driving.
Page is being held at the Clay County Detention Center in lieu of a $250,000 cash-surety bond.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.