One taken to hospital after Jonesboro apartment fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

One taken to hospital after Jonesboro apartment fire

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A man was taken to the hospital after an apartment fire early Friday morning.

The fire started at an apartment complex in the 500-block of W. Nettleton.

According to the Jonesboro Fire Department, one man was at the top of the stairs when firefighters arrived.

He was taken to a Jonesboro hospital for treatment. No word on the extent of his injuries.

Battalion Chief Brett Winstead tells Region 8 News a space heater may have shorted out causing the fire.

Winstead said it's a reminder to be cautious when using space heaters in your home. 

"I know people do what they have to do to stay warm but you've got to be careful not to overload it, not use extension cords, don't use the strips with the circuit breaking in them," Winstead said. "They can still overheat and catch on fire."

Only one apartment was damaged.

Traffic was stalled on W. Nettleton and Flint as crews responded. 

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Study: Botox used to help with teeth grinding

    Study: Botox used to help with teeth grinding

    Thursday, January 18 2018 9:35 AM EST2018-01-18 14:35:10 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 4:20 PM EST2018-01-18 21:20:39 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    For those who grind their teeth at night, relief may be on its way with a known formula for wrinkle removal.

    For those who grind their teeth at night, relief may be on its way with a known formula for wrinkle removal.

  • Food Giant closing Osceola store

    Food Giant closing Osceola store

    Thursday, January 18 2018 12:15 PM EST2018-01-18 17:15:35 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 12:34 PM EST2018-01-18 17:34:39 GMT
    (Source: AP Graphics Bank)(Source: AP Graphics Bank)

    When it comes to grocery shopping, residents of Osceola will soon have one less option.

    When it comes to grocery shopping, residents of Osceola will soon have one less option.

  • JPD suspect homeless person set fire to AT&T wires

    JPD suspect homeless person set fire to AT&T wires

    Thursday, January 18 2018 11:17 AM EST2018-01-18 16:17:25 GMT
    Thursday, January 18 2018 11:23 AM EST2018-01-18 16:23:35 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    A homeless person trying to stay warm might have been responsible for setting a fire that damaged numerous cell phone service lines.

    A homeless person trying to stay warm might have been responsible for setting a fire that damaged numerous cell phone service lines.

Powered by Frankly