JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - You will likely see sobriety checkpoints all over northeast Arkansas and southeast Missouri this weekend, and it starts early in Jonesboro.
The Jonesboro Police Department will conduct sobriety checkpoints starting Friday night into Saturday morning to stop drunk driving.
Paul Holmes, public information specialist for the Jonesboro Police Department, said officers will use the BAT (Breath Alcohol Testing) Mobile in their operation. The vehicle is held at the Black River Technical College's Law Enforcement Training Academy, located in Pocahontas.
Police offer these tips to prevent drunk driving:
- Designate a non-drinking driver before any party.
- Don’t drink and drive. Get a taxi or another ride home.
- Take the keys away. Don’t let someone else drink and drive.
- If you’re hosting a party, remind guests to plan ahead.
- Buckle up. It’s your best defense against a drunk driver.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.