Smoke from hamburgers may have led to evacuation - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Smoke from hamburgers may have led to evacuation

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

The Jonesboro Fire Department responded to a "whopper" of a case Thursday morning as smoke was reported inside the Department of Human Services building on Browns Lane Access in Jonesboro.

According to the fire department, smoke from the nearby Burger King may have entered the HVAC system, prompting people to evacuate from the building.

The fire department stated that the wind may have been a factor.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly