Reclamation House holds graduation - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Reclamation House holds graduation

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A group of women said Sunday they have reclaimed their lives with the help of The Reclamation House.

The house provides a place for post-drug rehab and previously incarcerated women.

On Sunday, a group of women graduated from the home while one said she is looking forward to a new beginning.

"I lived here for five months and it's kind of bittersweet," said graduate Amber Johnson. "This is my home, this is my safe place."

Johnson said she was excited to complete her time in the home and is now working to help them in whatever way she can.

"I'm currently working at H and R Block so, if any of the girls need their taxes done I can do them, for free," she said.   "Anything I can do to give back, I want to be here and do it."

She said she cannot imagine what her life would be like without the help of the Reclamation House.

"I don't even want to think about where I might be," she said.  "This has literally been a miracle, my saving grace."

Johnson credits the home for helping her get back on her feet.

"I wouldn't be able to do any of this if it weren't for this place, and giving back is a top priority," she said.

Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Community reacts to discovery of dead infants found in suitcase

Saturday, February 17 2018 7:29 PM EST2018-02-18 00:29:51 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 7:34 PM EST2018-02-18 00:34:52 GMT

Residents in Cross County are still in shock after the bodies of infant twins were found in a suitcase on County Road 602.

• breaking

Student arrested in school threat

Student arrested in school threat

Saturday, February 17 2018 6:10 PM EST2018-02-17 23:10:31 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 6:46 PM EST2018-02-17 23:46:16 GMT

According to Cave City Police Chief Brian Barnett, a juvenile was arrested Saturday on suspicion of terroristic threatening after the student sent a picture.

• breaking

Authorities search for missing autistic teenager

Authorities search for missing autistic teenager

Saturday, February 17 2018 12:46 PM EST2018-02-17 17:46:31 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 4:13 PM EST2018-02-17 21:13:19 GMT

According to a post on the Mississippi County Sheriff's Department's Facebook page, authorities are looking for a missing 18-year-old special needs autistic student.