JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - We are getting damage reports and photos into the Region 8 Newsroom.
Here are the confirmed damage reports for the following counties:
- Shearer Snack Foods in Newport – heavy damage
- Jackson Co Detention Center – housing unit damaged, one person suffered minor injury
- Gas leak outside Jackson Co Detention Center
- Diaz area – lots of trees down, lots of power lines down, several homes damaged
- Williams Baptist College-damage including, buildings, hangers, trees, and power lines down
- WBC reports no injuries and no major structural damage at the college. However, three student vehicles were damaged.
- Storms hit the college around 3:30 a.m. Winds were reported at 78 mph at the Walnut Ridge Regional Airport.
- Lynn-miscellaneous damage reported
- Ravenden-trees down near railroad tracks, working with railroad to make sure it's safe for trains
- Walnut Ridge- power lines and a few tree limbs down
- AHTD assisting Lawrence Co. sheriff's deputies to get barricades to block roads that are unsafe to pass across
- VIDEO: Payneway area-accident involving 18 wheeler on Interstate 555, Arkansas State Police investigating
- Man saved after tree falls on mobile home
- Tyronza exit on I-555 big road signs down in the area - avoid if possible
- Structure damage in Fisher, no injuries.
- Significant damage to some cars and metal buildings in Fisher
- Traffic light out at Hwy 49/Purcell Road, avoid area if possible
- Hwy 49 Bypass lights are twister - can't be seen by traffic, but are working
- Wires across the road near East Baldwin and Jones
- Power pole down on County Road 244 near Stanford Rd
- Trees/power lines down at Hwy 141 & 358
- Trees/power lines down along Hwy 49 from Paragould to Marmaduke
- Tree down on home in Cash area – right behind fire station in town
- Jonesboro-power outage at Woodsprings, I-555 which includes Walmart
- Hwy 91 west of Hwy 63-tree limbs blocking one lane
- Roof damage to a few homes in Monette.
- 2900 block of CR 855—Black Oak area- 911 caller advised she had major property damage to home and out buildings.
- Leachville theater damaged by fire
- Power lines down and debris on roads in multiple locations
- The community center in Osceola had significant roof damage, closing down the courts and all activity inside. The severe winds and heavy rains also damaged the baseball fields near the center. ??
- Ash Flat city park was damaged-dugout and fence damaged
- One structure and several trees damaged in Evening Shade and Cherokee Village
- Wind damage throughout the county
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.