(KAIT) - Several counties reported that AT&T customers were not able to call 911 Wednesday night.
In Region 8, Dunklin, Poinsett, and White counties experienced the outage according to county Facebook pages.
According to the White County 911/Dispatch Center's Facebook page, the center asked AT&T customers to call (501) 279-6241 for assistance in White County and (501) 268-3531 for help in the city of Searcy.
The Dunklin County Emergency Communications/911 Facebook page said callers should call the sheriff's office directly at (573) 888-2409 or (573)888-2424.
The Poinsett County Sheriff's Office said to call the following numbers if you have AT&T:
- Poinsett County Sheriff’s Office – (870) 578-2116 or (870) 578-5411
- Harrisburg Police Department – (870) 578-2530
- Trumann Police Department – (870) 483-6423
- Marked Tree Police Department or Tyronza Police Department – (870) 358-2024
- Lepanto Police Department – (870) 475-2566
The Walnut Ridge Police Department is also experiencing the outage, according to Police Chief Chris Kirksey. He said that people who are having trouble contacting 911 should call (870) 886-2525.
Anita Smith, senior public relations manager for Arkansas said the issue had been resolved, however, the Dunklin County Sheriff's Office told Region 8 News that AT&T have not told them the issue has been resolved.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.