JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Do you have what it takes to wear a JPD badge?
You'll get a chance to find out on April 1 when the Jonesboro Police Department holds its Spring 2017 physical fitness tests.
Following the fitness test, successful candidates must pass a background investigation including a polygraph examination. They will also undergo extensive interviews with members of the police department.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, they must pass a physical examination, psychological evaluation, and a drug screen.
The starting salary for non-certified officers is $34,500. Certified officers receive $36,200.
The JPD benefits package also includes:
- Longevity pay after 20 years of service
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- Four weeks of sick time
- Uniforms, firearms, and equipment provided
- Take-home vehicle after completion of probationary period
- Pension with LOPFI Retirement System
Applications must be turned in by March 30.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.