Asst. fire chief's home destroyed by fire

Asst. fire chief's home destroyed by fire

NEWPORT, AR (KAIT) - A Jackson County fire department is seeking help for one of their own after his family's home burned Friday.

Erwin Fire Department Chief Jamie Huey says the home of Assistant Chief William Stallenacker was destroyed. His mother also lived in the house.

The fire started around 8:50 a.m. and may have been caused by a dryer, according to the chief.

No one was at the home at the time.

Huey says the department is seeking the following donations for the family:

  • 34/32 size jeans
  • Large shirts
  • Size 10 wide boots
  • Size 10 tennis shoes
  • 11-12 size pants
  • Extra-large shirts
  • Size 7 1/2 shoes

Donations can be dropped off at the Gold Star Club in Newport, 714 AR-367, or to any fire station in the area.

Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android