JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - When disaster strikes, a Cave City business owner wants to make sure survivors can still get a beer.
During the March 15 meeting of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, Director Gary "Bud" Roberts approved a new beer off-premises permit application submitted by Juanita F. Kerr for Disaster/Survival Readiness, 906 Highway 167, Cave City.
The permit is conditional upon completion of remodeling and installation of a telephone, followed by a re-inspection by ABC Enforcement, according to the Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration website.
Roberts also handed down decisions on the following applications:
- Neighborhood Market, 609 S. Ruddle Rd., Blytheville—Replacement-beer off-premises. Sheriff: No objections. Director’s Decision: Granted. Conditional upon clearance letter from DFA.
- VFW Post #3246, 214 West 7th St., Mountain Home—Change of manager-private club and beer on premises. Mayor: No objections. Chief of Police: Objects. Director’s Decision: Refused.
- Tally Ho, LaCrosse Road & Highway 69 South, Melbourne—Change of manager-private club. No objections received. Director’s Decision: Granted.
- Big Daddy’s Lakeside Seafood, 1400 Central Blvd., Bull Shoals—Restaurant beer and wine (combo). No objections received. Director’s Decision: Granted. Conditional upon receipt of health department approval and installation of a telephone with re-inspection by ABC Enforcement.
- Dollar General Store #17318, 3436 Highway 62 West, Mountain Home—Beer off-premises and small farm wine-retail. No objections received. Director’s Decision: Granted.
Roberts also approved the following private club transfers of location after receiving no objections from public officials:
- Fraternal Order of Eagles #3354, 2912 Gilmore Dr., Jonesboro
- Fuji Japanese Steakhouse, 2810 E. Highland Dr. Suites E, F, G & H, Jonesboro
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.