Dog missing for 4 years turns up on owner's doorstep - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Dog missing for 4 years turns up on owner's doorstep

(Source: Kristen Hampton/ WBTV) (Source: Kristen Hampton/ WBTV)
ROWAN COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

Joel McDonald never expected to see what he saw when he opened up his front door Tuesday morning. The Rowan County man saw a dog that looked a lot like his own dog, Molly, that went missing 4 years ago.

“I didn’t know for sure but I thought it. And she just came and put her head in my lap and said ‘oh my,’” McDonald told WBTV on Thursday.

McDonald took the dog to the Animal Care Center of Salisbury to check her for a microchip. He was convinced the dog was his long lost friend Molly, but he wanted proof.

Terry, who works in the office of the animal hospital scanned the dog for a chip and found one.

"We didn’t ask him his name or anything I looked down and I said ‘We got a number!’ I looked it up in the computer and I said what’s your name? And I said that’s your Molly,” Terry said.

Terry says she cried when she told him the news. In fact, there weren’t a lot of dry eyes in the house that morning.

“I wasn’t expecting that. I’d already said she was gone,” McDonald said with a lump in his throat.

The happy family is now back together, left to wonder just where Molly was for 4 years. Turns out, it’s an answer they may never know, and a question that doesn’t really matter.

“She’s back now!” Carolyn McDonald said.

Now with 4 years of missing treats and belly rubs, Molly is sure to be in for a beautiful life back with her owners. ?

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Blytheville man convicted of attempted rape, battery in 2016 incident

Monday, January 22 2018 7:04 PM EST2018-01-23 00:04:18 GMT
    Tuesday, January 23 2018 4:15 AM EST2018-01-23 09:15:17 GMT
    Duan Harris (Source: Mississippi County Jail via Vinelink)Duan Harris (Source: Mississippi County Jail via Vinelink)

A Blytheville man was convicted on Monday for second-degree battery and attempted rape in an incident that happened in 2016.

Quorum court turns down 1% raises

Monday, January 22 2018 11:30 PM EST2018-01-23 04:30:08 GMT
    Monday, January 22 2018 11:39 PM EST2018-01-23 04:39:01 GMT

Craighead County Justices of the Peace voted to opt out of a 1% pay raise in Monday’s quorum court meeting.

Miscanthus fields difficult to get rid of

Monday, January 22 2018 11:14 PM EST2018-01-23 04:14:59 GMT
    Monday, January 22 2018 11:27 PM EST2018-01-23 04:27:04 GMT

Miscanthus has proven to be a very risky crop in Region 8 as well as unpopular. However, it is not as easy to get rid of as many would think.