JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The only man arrested for a December 2016 murder in Jonesboro is no longer in jail.
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Grant DeProw, confirmed to Region 8 News that Preston Burt is no longer in the Craighead County Detention Center. DeProw says Burt was released roughly a week-and-a-half ago.
Burt was arrested February 3 for the murders of Kenny Coleman and Charles Jones on Miller Street in December.
DeProw says, that according to Arkansas Criminal Procedure they must file formal charges within 60 days of an arrest or a suspect must be released. Even though 60 days has not passed since Burt's arrest, He was released earlier this month.
This does not mean Burt has been removed as a suspect in the case. DeProw adds that this is still an active and open investigation.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.