RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. - The 6th-ranked Harding softball team moved its winning streak to 27 games on Tuesday after defeating Arkansas Tech in Great American Conference action 4-3 (9 innings) and 1-0.
The Lady Bisons improve to 35-3 on the season and 25-1 in the GAC. With a Southern Arkansas loss at home against Arkansas-Monticello, Harding took a three-game lead in the GAC standings. Arkansas Tech falls to 24-14 overall and 18-8 in the GAC.
Game One Key Innings (#6 Harding 4, Arkansas Tech 3 - 9 innings)
- Arkansas Tech got a run back in the third when Jalissa Gum hit a single up the middle for the RBI.
- The Golden Suns tied the game 3-3 in the sixth when Janie Knowles hit a single to left center that scored two runs.
Game One Key Statistics
- Arkansas Tech had nine hits and three errors in the game. Cara Tolar went 3-for-4 to lead Arkansas Tech.
- Autumn Humes came in and pitched 3 1/3 innings of relief for the Lady Bisons and got the win. She didn't give up a hit and struck out six. Humes improves to 16-1 on the season.
- Hannah Johnson started the game for Harding and pitched 5 2/3 innings. She gave up nine hits and two earned runs and struck out four.
- Jalissa Gum received the loss and falls to 11-7 overall. She pitched 5 1/3 innings, gave up five hits, four earned runs and struck out eight.
Game Two Key Innings (#6 Harding 1, Arkansas Tech 0)
Game Two Key Statistics
- Harding had five hits led by Courtney Derrick who went 2-for-3.
- Arkansas Tech only had one hit in the game and it came in the first inning.
- Autumn Humes got the win for Harding to improve to 17-1 on the season. She threw her eighth shutout of the season and her 16th complete game. She gave up the one hit and struck out 10. It was the fourth time this season she has struck out 10 or more batters. It was also her second game this season to throw a one hitter.
- Cara Tolar received the loss and falls to 2-3 on the season. She gave up five hits, no earned runs and struck out three.
- Harding will wrap up its four-game series against Arkansas Tech on April 18 in Searcy.