MARION, AR (KAIT) - The tragic story of how an Arkansas mother lost her young daughter is highlighted in a national campaign.
Keisha Bowles of Marion lost her 2-year-old daughter on April 4, 2012, after a dresser and TV fell on her.
"She said 'I, love you mama' and I said 'I love you too Chance' and maybe 60 seconds later Brandon came into the bathroom and said 'Mama, the TV fell,'" Bowles said. "I would never want another parent to walk into a bedroom to see their child unconscious like that."
ABC affiliate WATN reports Bowles shared her story with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to promote their new 'Anchor It' campaign.
According to the CPSC, a child is injured by a TV or furniture tip-over every 30 minutes, leading to about 33,000 emergency room visits annually.
The video has tips for parents on how to properly secure furniture and electronics.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.