Burning paper in fireplace led to house fire, chief says - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Burning paper in fireplace led to house fire, chief says

JFD officers at the scene of a house fire on Bunker Hill Road. (Source: KAIT) JFD officers at the scene of a house fire on Bunker Hill Road. (Source: KAIT)
Firefighters speaking with homeowner. (Source: KAIT) Firefighters speaking with homeowner. (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A fire official says burning paper led to firefighters being called to house fire.

It took the Jonesboro Fire Department less than 30 minutes to knock down a house fire Monday afternoon in the 1900-block of Bunker Hill Road.

Just after 12:20 p.m. Jonesboro E911 received a call of a house on fire, with a person possibly inside. It was later determined the homeowner was outside and not injured.

JFD immediately responded to the scene. By 12:44 p.m. they had knocked down the flames.

According to Battalion Chief John Yates, the homeowner was burning paper in the fireplace when it spread out of the fireplace and started the fire.

Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Watch Region 8 News On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly