TRUMANN, AR (KAIT) - A citywide effort to check the compliance of sex offenders and people on probation and parole in Trumann was successful, leading to the arrests of 17 people, police said Monday.
According to a media release, Trumann police along with Arkansas Community Correction Parole and Probation, Arkansas Community Correction Special Response Team and the Justice Network arrested the 17 people on charges ranging from parole/probation violations, narcotics violations, drug paraphernalia violations, and felony and misdemeanor warrants.
According to Sgt. Chad Mason with Trumann police, the investigation was part of a long-term look at the issue.
"Part of this effort was to make sure that these individuals remain in compliance and know we are enforcing the law," Mason said. "This coordinated effort between multiple agencies consisted of checking on the offenders and verifying their addresses. The purpose for this was to make sure that the offenders throughout the city of Trumann know that we will be checking on them whether they are indoors or out(doors) and that we will maintain a zero tolerance policy for drugs and crime."
In a news release Tuesday, the Trumann Police Department released the names of those arrested and their charges. The list includes:
- Josh Dye (29) of Trumann - Parole Violation
- Michael McKay (30) of Trumann - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Jeffery Hatley (39) of Trumann – Poss. Of Methamphetamine, Poss. Drug Paraphernalia, Poss. Of SCH I or II Less Than 2 GMS
- Jennifer Martinez (40) of Trumann– Possession of Methamphetamine
- Clarence Mason (53) of Trumann - Criminal Trespass.
- Farrell Thomas (49) of Trumann - Felony Bench Warrant
- Mark Allred (43) of Trumann – Poss. Drug Paraphernalia, Felony Bench Warrant
- Shawn Stracener (38) of Trumann – Misdemeanor Warrant
- Bobby Ballard (47) of Trumann - Misdemeanor Warrant, Parole/Probation Absconder
- Kimberly Gordon (44) of Trumann – Poss. of Methamphetamine, Poss. Of Pills without a Prescription, Possession of Marijuana
- Uli Spradlin (39) of Trumann – Misdemeanor Warrant
- Eric Stewart (31) of Trumann – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Larry Stewart (42) of Trumann – Poss. Of SCH IV or V Controlled Substance
- Darrell Cox (52) of Trumann – Poss. Of SCH IV or V with Purpose to Deliver, Poss. Of Drug Paraphernalia, Using a Comm. Device to Facilitate a Felony
- Tammy Fletcher (53) of Trumann – Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia
- Jimmy Lansdell (48) of Trumann – Probation Violation
- Jeremy Jones (35) of Trumann – Misdemeanor Warrant
As part of the investigation, police also stated more warrants will be issued for others who were not on the released list.
Many of the suspects on the list await a probable cause hearing set for Wednesday.
Anyone wishing to report drug tips or other suspected criminal activity can call Trumann police at 870-483-6423.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.