JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Buffalo Ranch Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken broth (can be substituted for low sodium chicken broth, if preferred)
- 1 packet dry ranch mix (1 oz.)
- 1/3 cup mild wing sauce
- ½ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Sliced green onions to taste
- Dice uncooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Spray a large pot with canola oil cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for a few minutes to begin cooking the outside.
- Pour in broth, wing sauce, and ranch mix. Stir and bring to a low boil. Stir into rice. Cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Remove lid and stir again. Make sure rice is completely cooked and the liquid is absorbed. If not, simmer for a few more minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in cheese and green onions. Optional: Garnish with more green onions and cheese.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.