JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - During its meeting in Little Rock this week, the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board fined a Region 8 business for selling drug paraphernalia.
Union Convenience, 512 Union Ave. in Wynne, was fined $700 for possessing and selling drug paraphernalia. The ABC board said the permittee failed to operate the business in a manner that was in the public's interest and endangers public health, welfare, and safety.
The board also fined several Region 8 businesses for selling to minors.
Those fined and placed on probation included:
- Coco’s Café, 3855 Hwy. 38, Wynne: Fined $600, 90 days probation
- Gary’s Food Mart #1, 209 W. Moultrie, Blytheville: Fined $300, 90 days probation
- Gunn’s Supermarket, 1 Park Avenue, Wilson: Fined $350, 90 days probation
- Jack’s Package Store, 960 Hwy. 62 East, Mountain Home: Fined $300, 90 days probation
- Pizza Inn, 1127 Hwy. 62 East, Mountain Home: Fined $300, 90 days probation
- El Charro Mexican Food, 337 Hwy. 62 East, College Plaza, Mountain Home: Fined $300, 90 days probation
- Dollar General Store #7264, 1810 S. Division, Blytheville: Fined $300, 90 days probation
The board fined Shell, 3702 S. Division in Blytheville, $100 for not submitting a timely replacement application. They gave the permittee 30 days to submit an acceptable application or face suspension.
All fines must be paid by Oct. 10 or permits will be suspended.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.