JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A judge found probable cause Wednesday to charge a man and his two sons on various drug charges.
James Cornelius Young, 41, of Wynne appeared in Craighead County District Court via Skype with his sons, 19-year-old Juwan Christopher Young and 20-year-old Jalen Cornelius Young, both of Jonesboro.
The Jonesboro Police Department's Street Crimes Unit arrested the three on Tuesday, after executing a search warrant at a home in the 500-block of Freeman.
During the search, court documents stated officers found marijuana, cocaine, drug paraphernalia, and firearms, including one reported stolen from Conway.
After reviewing the affidavit, Judge David Boling found probable cause to charge all three with the following:
- Possession of meth or cocaine with the purpose to deliver, a Class B felony
- Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, a Class Y felony
- Theft by receiving, a Class D felony
- Possession of drug paraphernalia, a Class D felony
- Possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance less than 4 ounces, a Class A misdemeanor
After scheduling their next court appearance for Oct. 31, the judge set the elder Young's bond at $30,000. Boling set bond for Juwan Young at $15,000. For Jalen Young, who told his cousin in open court that he had to "get to class tomorrow," Boling set a $7,500 bond.
Copyright 2017 KAIT. All rights reserved.