PIGGOTT, AR (KAIT) - A Piggott couple recently featured in a Region 8 News special report has been recognized by Arkansas Delta Byways for helping promote tourism.
Clifford "Joe" and Tracy Cole own the Piggott City Market. Earlier this month we featured them in our Rural Resurgence special report highlighting all they had done to generate business and tourism in the Clay County town.
On Friday, Feb. 23, they were among those recognized by Arkansas Delta Byways for their achievements in tourism.
The Coles won the Entrepreneur Award.
Other winners of the various tourism awards included:
- Hospitality Award—Wilson Community Gardens, Mississippi County
- Media Support Award—Rex Nelson, columnist, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Tourism/Promotional Support Award—Corning Welcome Center, “The Great American Eclipse Watch Party,” Clay County
- Festival/Event of the Year Award—Inaugural Johnny Cash Heritage Festival, Dyess, Mississippi County
- Boot Strap Award—Helena Downtown Partnership, Phillips County
- Cultural Heritage Award—The Circle, Arkansas State University, Craighead County
ADB presented its Outstanding Member Award to Gretchen Sacotnik of Greene County and the Tourism Person of the Year Award to videographer Gary Jones, who is a student in the Heritage Studies Ph.D. program at A-State. A special achievement award was presented to Paula Oliver of Helena.
ADB is the official tourism promotion association recognized by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism for the region.