JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Arkansas State Highway Commission recently green-lighted several projects to improve Region 8 roads.
The commission approved a $440,271.24 bid by Sugg Construction of Jonesboro to resurface 1.7 miles of city streets in Bay and 1.8 miles of streets in Lake City.
The streets to be resurfaced in Bay include Central Avenue, Brown Road, Hill Drive and Baker Drive. The Lake City roads include Rebel Drive, Fourth Street, and Main Street.
The commission also awarded a $785,398.15 contract to Asphalt Producers, LLC of Jonesboro to resurface 4.4 miles of State Highway 349 between State Highway 226 South and State Highway 91 near Jonesboro.
Other projects approved by the commission:
- Clay County: Michelle’s Excavating, Inc. of Brookland awarded $254,472.60 contract to resurface 1.6 miles of Clay Street in Piggott.
- Cross County: Michelle’s Excavating, Inc. of Brookland awarded $202,270.20 contract to resurface 1.3 miles of County Road 73 near Cherry Valley and County Road 47 near Wynne.
- Greene County: Sugg Construction, Inc. of Jonesboro awarded $499,974.22 contract to resurface 3.1 miles of State Highway 351 between the Craighead County line and State Highway 358.
- Mississippi County: Asphalt Producers, LLC of Jonesboro awarded $1,091,242.56 contract to resurface 3.3 miles of State Highway 119 between State Highways 18 and 77 in Leachville.
- Mississippi County: Delta Asphalt of Ark., Inc. of Paragould awarded $419,915.30 contract to resurface 2.1 miles of various city streets in Dell, including: Jefferson, Wilson, Second, E. School, Madison, Washington, First, Third, and West School Street; and 1.6 miles in Gosnell to include Lake Road, Moody Street, and Clement Lane.
- Mississippi County: Delta Asphalt of Ark., Inc. of Paragould awarded $3,421,144.81 contract to resurface 12 miles of State Highway 77 between the Missouri State line and State Highway 18B.
- Poinsett County: Asphalt Producers, LLC of Jonesboro awarded $698,141.25 contract to resurface 6.1 miles of State Highway 69 between State Highway 163 and Interstate 555 near Stacy.
- Poinsett County: APAC-Tennessee, Inc. of Memphis awarded $8,278,408.44 to resurface 12.6 miles of Interstate 555 between Highway 14 at Payneway and the Craighead County line.
- Randolph County: Atlas Asphalt, Inc. of Batesville awarded $248,789.62 contract to resurface 2 miles of selected sections of County Road 25 (Country Club Road) near Pocahontas.
- Sharp County: Delta Asphalt of Ark., Inc. of Paragould awarded $358,918.50 contract to resurface selected selections of County Road 49 at Liberty Hill, County Road 70 at Baker Cemetery and County Road 59 at Martin Creek.
- White County: Delta Asphalt of Ark., Inc. of Paragould awarded $391,986.88 contract to resurface 1.25 miles of selected sections of various city streets in Griffithville. They include McConnaughhay Drive, 3rd Street, Pipkin Street, Hamilton Drive, Porter Street and Bailey Street; and in Pangburn to include Second Street, Church Street, and Torrence Street.
- White County: Atlas Asphalt, Inc. of Batesville awarded $899,257.74 contract to resurface 3.5 miles of Highway 87 between U.S. 67 and the Jackson County line near Bradford.
- Woodruff County: Delta Asphalt of Ark., Inc. of Paragould awarded $346,939.58 contract to resurface selected selections of County Road 37 and County Road 56 near Morton.
Construction on all of the projects is expected to begin in two to four weeks, according to the Arkansas Department of Transportation (ArDOT), with completion expected in mid-2018.