JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Arkansas State Highway Commission recently approved several bids for improvements to Region 8 roads.
The Arkansas Department of Transportation announced the following bids approved:
- Craighead County: Asphalt Producers of Jonesboro awarded $284,965 contract to reconstruct the base course and resurface approximately 2.3 miles of County Road 38 near Hergett.
- Cross County: M & T Paving & Construction Company of Forrest City awarded $145,039.23 contract to resurface approximately 0.7 miles of County Road 68 near Fitzgerald Crossing.
- Independence County: Atlas Asphalt of Batesville awarded $325,261.35 contract to resurface selected sections of approximately 2.2 miles of County Road 89 (Antioch Road/Shamrock Lane) near Walnut Grove and 1.2 miles of County Road 24 near Jamestown.
- Lawrence County: Sugg Construction of Jonesboro awarded $233,390.60 contract to resurface approximately 1.5 miles of various Hoxie city streets, including SE 4th Street, SE Pecan Street, SW Maple/SW Andrews Streets, State Street, and SE 2nd Street.
- St. Francis County: M & T Paving & Construction Company of Forrest City awarded $588,264.38 contract to resurface selected sections of approximately 3.2 miles of County Roads 21 and 19, to resurface one-quarter mile on County Road 18, and stripe approximately 2.5 miles of County Road 19 near Meadow Cliff.
- White County: CK Asphalt of Quitman awarded $528,104.37 contract to resurface approximately 3.1 miles of County Road 78 (Fairview Road) near Dewey and approximately 2.2 miles of County Road 184 (Velvet Ridge Road) near Velvet Ridge.