POINSETT COUNTY, AR (KAIT) - A series of town hall meetings will be held over the next couple of months to give people in Poinsett County an opportunity to learn more about a proposed one-cent countywide sales tax this fall.
The proposal, which heads to voters, will allow the proceeds of the tax to go toward the sheriff's office and detention center, with a key goal to update equipment for deputies.
A meeting was scheduled for Thursday night in Weiner.
Other meetings scheduled include:
- Tuesday, Sept. 4, at 6 p.m. in Harrisburg, tentatively set for the Fine Arts Building at the school
- Thursday, Sept. 13, at 6 p.m. in the Trumann Middle School Cafeteria,
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, at 6 p.m. at the Tyronza Senior Center,
- Thursday, Oct. 11, at 6 p.m. at the Marked Tree City Hall,
- Tuesday, Oct. 23, at 6 p.m. at the Lepanto City Hall.