Former Clinton Aide Enters Democratic Gubernatorial Field - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Little Rock, AR

Former Clinton Aide Enters Democratic Gubernatorial Field

JANUARY 20, 2006 - Posted at 8:08 a.m. CST

 

LITTLE ROCK, AR - A spokesman for former Clinton administration official Bill Halter says the North Little Rock businessman has decided to seek the Democratic nomination for governor.  Halter, who formed an exploratory committee last year, also posted the announcement on his website last night.

Bud Jackson, a spokesman for Halter, said the Democrat was not available to speak with reporters last night.  But Halter confirmed the decision, and said Halter would make a formal announcement on an unspecified date.

The entry of the 45-year-old Halter into the race could turn was once a sure nomination for Attorney General Mike Beebe into a potentially heated primary battle.  The campaing for former Congressman Asa Hutchinson, the only Republican gubernatorial candidate, has welcomed a Halter campaign.  A Hutchinson spokesman said it would force Beebe to give everybody a sense of what he does stand for.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Police investigating restaurant armed robbery

    Police investigating restaurant armed robbery

    Tuesday, June 27 2017 9:41 AM EDT2017-06-27 13:41:49 GMT
    Tuesday, June 27 2017 9:44 AM EDT2017-06-27 13:44:40 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    Police are searching for a man accused of robbing a fast food restaurant at gunpoint.

    Police are searching for a man accused of robbing a fast food restaurant at gunpoint.

  • Man arrested after threatening to harm officer

    Man arrested after threatening to harm officer

    Tuesday, June 27 2017 8:36 AM EDT2017-06-27 12:36:26 GMT
    Tuesday, June 27 2017 9:02 AM EDT2017-06-27 13:02:05 GMT

    An officer used a stun gun on a suspect accused of threatening him following a pursuit.

    An officer used a stun gun on a suspect accused of threatening him following a pursuit.

  • White House warns Syria's Assad against chemical attack

    White House warns Syria's Assad against chemical attack

    Monday, June 26 2017 10:13 PM EDT2017-06-27 02:13:04 GMT
    Tuesday, June 27 2017 5:35 AM EDT2017-06-27 09:35:33 GMT

    The White House says it has found "potential" evidence that Syria is preparing for another chemical weapons attack.

    The White House says it has found "potential" evidence that Syria is preparing for another chemical weapons attack.

Powered by Frankly