Three Region 8 Counties Eligible for Storm-Related Costs - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Marmaduke, AR

Three Region 8 Counties Eligible for Storm-Related Costs

APRIL 19, 2006 - Posted at 5:16 p.m. CST

 

MARMADUKE, AR - Three northeast Arkansas counties...Cross, Greene and Randolph, could receive reimbursement of their recovery costs related to storms earlier this month.

State and federal emergency management officials say public agencies and nonprofit organizations that provided public services can seek federal reimbursement of 75 percent of their expenses and state reimbursement of some of the remaining 25 percent.

The program offers reimbursement for expenses brought about by the early April storms.  That includes items such as debris removal, overtime hours for police and other public workers, and repair of roads and bridges.

The three counties are among the seven Arkansas counties whose residents were earlier declared eligible for federal financial asisstance.  The other four are Conway, Fulton, Lawrence and White counties.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Slideshow: Craighead Co. Dec. 17-23 mug shots

    Slideshow: Craighead Co. Dec. 17-23 mug shots

    Sunday, December 17 2017 12:51 PM EST2017-12-17 17:51:04 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 7:16 PM EST2017-12-18 00:16:50 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    A photo gallery of mug shots from the Craighead County Sheriff's Office.

    A photo gallery of mug shots from the Craighead County Sheriff's Office.

  • breaking

    ASP to investigate officer involved shooting

    ASP to investigate officer involved shooting

    Saturday, December 16 2017 9:57 PM EST2017-12-17 02:57:14 GMT
    Sunday, December 17 2017 6:22 PM EST2017-12-17 23:22:20 GMT
    Arkansas State Police investigators are looking into an officer involved shooting Saturday night. (Source: KAIT)Arkansas State Police investigators are looking into an officer involved shooting Saturday night. (Source: KAIT)

    An officer-involved shooting Saturday night in Independence County will be investigated by the Arkansas State Police, officials said Sunday morning. 

    An officer-involved shooting Saturday night in Independence County will be investigated by the Arkansas State Police, officials said Sunday morning. 

  • Body recovered from Mississippi River tugboat sinking

    Body recovered from Mississippi River tugboat sinking

    Sunday, December 17 2017 5:24 PM EST2017-12-17 22:24:28 GMT
    Keith Pigram and his stepson Anquavioius Newson (Source: Family)Keith Pigram and his stepson Anquavioius Newson (Source: Family)

    The body of one of the two missing men from a tugboat accident has been recovered from the Mississippi River, according to a spokesperson for Wepfer Marine. 

    The body of one of the two missing men from a tugboat accident has been recovered from the Mississippi River, according to a spokesperson for Wepfer Marine. 

Powered by Frankly