As well as complete commericial carpet cleaning services, Huddleston Technical are experts in 'spot' carpet cleaning. Do-it-yourselfers may find these tips useful when trying to remove a pesky spot from their carpet:
- If the spot is still moist, blot up as much liquid as possible, dabbing lightly with a clean white towel or paper towel. Scrape off any solids with a spatula.
- If spot is dry, loosen residue with spotting spatula and vacuum.
- Always pre-test the surface to be cleaned. Apply cleaning solution to an inconspicuous area of the carpet. If, after five minutes, the material's color transfers to towel, try another product.
- When taking out spots, always use a white cloth. First, apply the spotting solution for that spot to the cloth. Then place the towel on the carpet.
- Work from the outside of the spot to the inside, using a blotting motion. Repeat as long as the spot continues to transfer to your towel.
- Always treat spots as soon as possible. Once stains are locked into the carpet fibers, they cannot be removed.
If, after your best efforts, your spot will not come out, give Huddleston Technical a call. We'll be glad to assist!